I am a member of the IEA and the individual making this request;
The names of student(s) and parent(s)/guardian(s) provided in my request are true and correct;
The student/family needs outlined in my request are true and correct;
Should my request be granted, and upon receipt of said grant funds, I will make certain that these funds are utilized solely for the purpose indicated by me on this request;
I shall hold harmless, defend and indemnify the IEA and/or the IEA Children’s Fund from any and all claims, actions, suits, charges and judgments whatsoever that arise out of my performance or nonperformance with regard to my receipt and distribution of said grant funds
IEA Children’s Fund Policy
Downloadable here - https://tinyurl.com/bdfns9p9
IEA Children’s Fund Mission Statement
The IEA Children’s Fund (“CF”) is a non-profit corporation dedicated solely to helping IEA members meet the needs of Idaho public school students.
The goal of the Children’s Fund is to expend money on the basic educational needs of children. (9/08)
Criteria For Children’s Fund Requests
1. The requester must be an IEA member.
2. There must be sufficient funds available to grant requests.
3. All requests shall be made by completing an online form. (3/22)
• When completing the online form, the member is required to provide a name and phone number and/or email of another member, school nurse, counselor, or principal (attestant) in the building who can verify the student’s need. (3/22)
• The attestant shall be contacted within ten (10) days absent extenuating circumstances. (3/22)
• Should more than 30 days elapse without contact, a written explanation of why contact has not been made shall be provided to the Children’s Fund Chair and Treasurer. (3/22)
• Requests submitted without a name and phone number and/or email will automatically be denied and the member making the request shall be notified by email. (3/22)
4. As part of the request, the member will be required to read legal and policy language certifying they are who they claim to be and that the requested funds will be used solely for the requested purpose(s). Additionally, the member shall be required to check that they have read and agree to the same and sign the request with a digital signature prior to submitting the request. The member will be provided the ability to download and/or print a copy of the certification for their records. (3/22)
5. At the time of the request both the student(s) and parent(s) names will be recorded. All personal information will be kept confidential and only be used for record keeping.
Verification Process (3/22)
• All requests of up to $300 are to be granted immediately. Verification by contacting the attestant is required, if any of the following apply:
1. If a member makes multiple requests for one or more children in less than sixty (60) days amounting to more than $500. (3/22)
2. If a member makes requests for more than one (1) family at a time. (3/22)
3. If a member makes three (3) or more requests within six (6) months. (3/22)
• All other requests are subject to random selection for verification at the discretion of IEA staff work team members. (3/22)
• If a request exceeds $300, the additional amount is considered using the following procedures:
1. The request must automatically be verified by contacting the attestant provided by the requesting member, which shall be completed within 30 days. Should more than 30 days elapse without contact, a written explanation of why the attestant has not been contacted shall be provided to the Children’s Fund Chair and Treasurer. Once determined to be accurate, IEA staff will collect additional information: (3/22)
a. What other community resources have been contacted?
b. If none contacted, why?
c. If yes, how are other community resources assisting? (3/22)
d. Ask if they would be willing to share story with store manager in order to seek discount or donation.
2. The CF Board is to be polled to determine if the additional amount will be granted.
3. If an IEA member requests funds for their own child, the CF Board must be polled, regardless of the amount of the request. (8/16)
Per Family Contributions
The CF will provide contributions up to $300 for one student in a family per year.
The CF will provide contributions up to $100 for one student for clothing per year, with a family limit of $400 per year. (9/08)
The CF will provide contributions up to $150 for one student for food per year, with a family limit of $400 per year. (9/08)
Requests for furniture – the CF will encourage those requesting donations for furniture to seek assistance from other agencies. Once that has been attempted, the Board will be polled to vote on each request separately.
The CF will provide contributions up to $300 for computer and adaptive technology requests per year. (4/16)
Per Member Contributions
The CF will provide contributions up to $1000 per IEA member per year, without approval by the Board. (9/08)
Exclusions (including, but not limited to):
Purchase of capital equipment (3/22)
Creation a contractual obligation for either a specific period of time or a specific project, or for the employment of an individual(s). (3/22)
• The minimum contribution for a name to be added to the Memorial Board is $100.
• The minimum contribution for a name of pet to be added to the Pet Memorial Board is $100. (9/08)
1. The IEA CF will establish and maintain an Endowment Fund beginning 9/1/98.
2. Five percent (5%) of each contribution received on and after this date will be deposited in the Endowment.
3. All Memorial Board contributions will be placed in the Endowment.
4. All oversight responsibilities, including determinations as to how these funds will be invested, the frequency of deposits and interest withdrawals, and specific use of the investment earnings will be made by the IEA CF Board of Directors.
5. Any withdrawals from the account must be authorized by two signatures. Authorized signatories will be the IEA President, Executive Director, and Director of Business and Finance. (3/22)
1. Any citizen, non-IEA member, who contributes $250 or more will be recognized with a thank you letter. (3/22)
2. In recognition of donations, $500 or greater, a special letter will be sent to the contributor, as well as acknowledgement in the IEA Reporter. (3/22)